Policies > Complaints and Appeals Procedure
Complaints and Appeals Procedure
Complaints and appeals in relation to young people, their sports leaders and their parents involved in any of the events under the direct control of Limerick Hockey Club (LHC) should be dealt with under the ‘Code of Ethics complaints and appeals procedures'.
The complaints and appeals procedure allows all participants and the parents of young participants who are dissatisfied to register their complaint in a formal way and put an open process of investigation into action.
- Complaints should be dealt with as much as possible verbally at source locally.
- Complaints may be lodged by all participants and the parents of young participants involved in the event under the control of LHC.
- They should be received in writing by the secretary of the Committee of LHC and should be responded to within 5 working days
- The complaint should outline all relevant details about other parties involved
- The complaint should be brought to the attention of the Chairperson of the Committee who will convene the complaints committee
- The composition of the complaints committee should consist of a representative of the Committee , the Children's Officer and members of the committee which the complainants belong.
- If the complaint involves a possible criminal offence the chairperson should disband the complaints committee and talk to the Children's Officer and the Designated Person. The statutory authorities will then be informed.
- The complaints committee should hear the case of all parties involved and decide if a rule or regulation or the Code of Ethics has been infringed
- They should, in writing, inform those involved of the sanctions to be imposed and the reason for the sanctions. Written notification should be given to parents if the complaint is against a young person
- Written confidential records on all complaints should be kept safely and confidentially on file.
- If any party does not agree with the complaints committee, they can appeal the decision in writing within 10-day period.
- The appeals committee is convened, whose chairperson should be taken from the Club committee and those who have not been on the original complaints committee
- The appeals committee should confirm or set aside or change any sanction imposed by the complaints committee