Policies > Recruitment & Selection Policy
Recruitment & Selection Policy
Limerick Hockey Club (LHC) will take all reasonable steps to ensure that adults working with young people are suitable and appropriately qualified. Recruitment and selection procedures will apply to all persons with substantial access to young people, whether paid or unpaid. A decision to appoint a Leader is the responsibility of the club and not of any one individual within it. The relevant committees should ratify all recommendations for appointment.
LHC will use the following as a suitable procedure:-
- The responsibilities of the role and the level of experience/qualifications required should be drawn up and clearly stated.
- Before taking on the role the leader should be made aware of the Code of Conduct as it relates to young people and any related guidelines within this document. Before being voted / nominated / appointed to a position which brings them in contact with young people, the leader should be made aware of the Code of Conduct as it relates to young people and any related guidelines within this document. This involves newly recruited volunteers, paid personnel and all volunteers assigned by the for that season.
- New leaders should fill in an information and self declaration form, giving names of two referees who will be contacted verbally and using the self-declaration questions.
- All new volunteers will undergo an induction; this can be done in an informal manner. Following this, a probationary period will apply. They will be apprenticed to a lead coach @ training and Blitzes.
- New and existing Leaders will sign the appropriate Code of Conduct, including the self-declaration form - Coaches Code of Conduct & Declaration form.
- Adequate supervision will be provided; a leader will not have to work alone. At Training & Blitzes there will be a minimum of 2 coaches
- An incident book is in 1st aid kit and is to be written up and signed.
Every effort will be made to manage and support appointed Leaders. Coaching courses and workshops will be provided