Limerick Hockey Club is a young vibrant and energetic club. Our goal is to improve the standard of hockey in the mid west through the teaching of best practice coaching techniques where hockey is encouraged as a challenging but enjoyable sport for all.
Where are we based?
All training and home matches are played at Villiers School, North Circular Road, Limerick.
What are our training days and times?
6.30pm - 8.00pm
Ladies 1st, 2nds & 3rds
8.00pm - 9.30pm
6.30pm - 8.00pm
Ladies 1st, 2nds & 3rds
8.00pm - 9.30pm
Who are our Coaches?
Men's Coach -
Men's Assistant -
Ladies' 1sts Coach - George Blackwell
Ladies' 2nds/3rds Coach - Aamir Khan
What do I do if I have a problem or a query I would like to raise with my coach or the committee?
Player representatives have been appointed to support all senior players with a special emphasis on senior teens (u21) to ensure players are happy and content with the club and their team. The player reps are intended to be a point of contact between players and their respective coaches, captains and all committee members. Any questions, queries or issues can be aired by the player directly or through their reps.
Who are my Player Reps?
Senior Men's Rep
Senior Ladies' Rep
What are the Limerick Hockey Club colours?
Men - Navy Shirt, Navy Shorts, Navy & Pink Socks
Ladies - Pink Shirt, Navy Skort, Navy & Pink Socks
Navy or Pink Base layer is permitted under club shirts during matches.
Hockey Astro Shoes are required by all players.
Where can I buy my club kit and gear?
All club gear is available for purchase at SoHockey, Ballycummin S/C, Raheen, Limerick.
All Div 1 and 2 men’s and ladies’ players require a club number for their shirt; contact Karen Long-Eacrett (085 727 2673) for yours.
How can I help to keep myself safe and injury free while playing hockey?
While training or playing matches for the club, all senior club players must wear the following:
- Gum Shields
- Shin Guards
- Hockey Astro Shoes
- Please make sure you have adequate insurance.
What is expected of me when I play for Limerick Hockey Club?
- Treat Sports Leaders with respect including administrators, coaches, umpires, managers, children’s officers, club officials etc...
- Take care of your own welfare and the welfare of others.
- Play fairly at all times, do your best!
- Be organised and on time; tell someone if you are leaving a venue or competition.
- Respect your team-mates, even if things go wrong.
- Respect your opponents, be gracious in defeat.
- Abide by the rules set down by team managers/coaches when travelling to away events or representing the club.
- Do not behave in a manner that could bring LHC into disrepute.
- Talk to the Children’s Officer/Players Rep within the club if you have any problems.
Where can I find details of upcoming fixtures, results, match times etc?
All fixtures are posted up on the Munster Hockey Website.
Your captain / coach / manager will keep you informed of any upcoming matches.
All results, fixtures and match times will be posted on the Limerick Hockey Club Twitter and Facebook pages.
Remember to communicate!
It is up to each player to make sure they are aware of upcoming fixtures and match times/locations etc. If you think that you have a match at the weekend and have not received confirmation of this then it is up to you to find out details from your coach or captain.
Do not “just turn up” as the match may have been cancelled or venue changed etc.
Once confirmation of availability is given one is obliged to attend unless a reason has been given for absence.
What can I do throughout the season to help my club?
Senior men’s and ladies’ players (over 18s) are expected to volunteer on a rotated basis for supervision of the Limerick Hockey Club discos in Villiers School. The discos are a hugely successful fundraising venture for the club so must be supported.
All Senior players will be expected to help umpire at least once match - either a Senior or Junior game.
Senior Teens’ parents will be expected to be available to drive to away matches on a rotated basis.
When travelling to away matches a contribution of €5.00 from each passenger must be paid to the driver for fuel expenses.
The senior teens (14-16yrs) will be asked to help out at underage blitzes throughout the season. Senior teens (17-20) will be asked to umpire U14 games.
Youth leaders will be asked to do the tuck shop at the LHC discos.
What do I need to do on match day (Home or Away)?
- Anyone turning up with the incorrect gear or missing gear will risk not being selected to play.
- Arrive at the meeting point (away games) or pitch (home games) at the pre-arranged times.
- Arrive togged out ready for game and in club tracksuit.
- When facilities allow, showers should be taken after the games.
- For away games share driving so same person is not driving constantly.
- Answer all texts sent to you promptly concerning games stating whether you are available or not and include you name to avoid confusion.
- Failure to reply to texts may lead to non-selection if numbers on the match day don’t allow it.
- All players are expected to attend the after match tea at both home and away games. You will be required to bring food for visiting team tea’s on a rotated basis.
- Senior Teens’ parents will be expected to be available to drive to away matches on a rotated basis.
- When travelling to away matches a contribution of €5.00 from each passenger must be paid to the driver for fuel expenses.